||Opamp Technical Books
1033 N. Sycamore Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90038
1 - 800 - 468 - 4322
- DISCOUNTS APPLY TO SHIPPED ORDERS ONLY!
- Price and Availability subject to change.
- We confirm your order status by e-mail.
|Contents Text: ||A new chapter on strength design of masonry is one of several substantial changes incorporated into ACI 530. This new chapter provides an improved model for inelastic system performance, especially for earthquake-induced loads. It also makes the ACI 530 code requirements more compatible with the inelastic load criteria of ASCE 7 (Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Structures) and with IBC requirements.
Other significant code changes include:
- Integrated seismic design requirements
- Modifications for allowable flexural tension design values
- Changes in wind-speed threshold for empirical design
- New criteria for veneer supported by wood
- Clarifications for empirically designed shear walls
- Prohibition of the use of wall ties with drips
- Addition of corrosion protection provisions to the code
The revised specification includes changes in cold-weather requirements, removal of all "when required" provisions, and the addition of veneer anchorage requirements.|
|Title: ||ACI 530-08/530.1-08 BUILDING CODE REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIFICATIONS FOR MASONRY STRUCTURES AND RELATED COMMENTARIES (Concrete)|
|Price: ||List: 100.00 YOUR PRICE: 95.00|
|Publisher: ||ACI - AMERICAN CONCRETE INSTITUTE|
|# of Pages: ||147|
OPAMP Technical Books
1033 N. Sycamore Avenue
Los Angeles, California 90038 USA
800-468-4322 / 323-464-4322 FAX 323-464-0977
Copyright © 1997-2007 Opamp Technical Books, Inc.